Our life is made easier due to many devices, machines and other facilities. We have taken it granted for so long that we have forgotten that our ancestors were living without all these things and their life was really very hard. However, we are so used to all the machines that we do not think about the fact that science and technology made it possible for us to live an easy and comfortable life. Various scientific discoveries and innovations have made it possible for us to live longer, and quality of life is also better than people of earlier generations.
There are many ways in which the science have made our life comfortable and safer. If we start counting the ways our lives have changed due to science we will get tired of counting them but the contributions of science but we won’t be able to complete the task.
Contributions of science in our lives
- We should start with the medical science as many medicines and special surgical procedures have saved many lives and also lengthened lives of many people. Due to many new discoveries and researches in the field of medical science, scientists are able to find cures for diseases which were termed as incurable.
- When scientific discoveries are combined with technological developments, they have resulted in the machines which are making our lives easy to manage. From household appliances to cars and planes, all are the result of science.
- Science has made it possible for farmers to save their crops from pests and other problems.
- The quality of education is better and now many people are able to educate themselves due to various innovations like e-learning facilities. This was also possible due to the advancement of science and technology.
- The world has come closer due to the modern means of communications such as emails, cellphones.The Internet has changed the speed of everything including the knowledge transfer and sharing.
Even though all these things are true and no one can deny the contribution of science in all the areas of our life, sometimes it does make us wonder that whether this has been a boon or a curse? The innovations which brought the world closer, are making them go away from each other are people are more interested in technology rather than people and life around them.Scientific discoveries have made our lives better and lengthened our life span, but due to the result of pollution, the health of people is deteriorating.
What we have to understand that science is a weapon which can save you or harm you, as it depends on how you use it. Make use of science for the betterment of humankind and you will benefit from it. However if we use it for harming others, it boomerangs on us and we will also face the damage which we meant for someone else. It is important that we act responsibly and intelligently where the science is concerned. Science has unlimited power and capacity which has not yet been discovered by us, to make proper use of this power we have to make sure that we are capable of making the right choice.